Learning to use a journal in my personal development journey has been very rewarding. Whether you are new to journaling or are a seasoned pro, you still need a good journal. I’ve found the best notebooks for journaling right on Amazon which makes finding the perfect notebook even easier.
You can use these journals for a wide variety of things including personal development journaling, for fun, for weight loss or other goals, for recording your nightly dreams, creating morning rituals, and more.
You can combine notebooks for multiple activities or have a separate notebook for each purpose of your journaling. The choice is yours.
If you’re ready, then jump right in and find the notebook of your dreams. I’ve arranged this post into the four main types of journals you can own so it’s easier to find what you’re looking for. Enjoy!
Types of Notebooks for Journaling
When you’re looking into getting a journal for yourself there are five main types that people use. This post will discuss the first four options.
- A Reusable Journal – I use this because it saves paper and I can either erase my work or upload it to my computer. There are other pages for a schedule or other planning. Your possibilities are endless for this one too.
- A Bullet Journal – This seems to be a very popular choice and I’ve finally ordered one for myself to give it a try. You can decorate your pages and design them any way that you wish. This seems to be more of the “fun” option.
- Journal Prompt Notebooks – If you’re not sure how to start or what to say in your daily writings, these journals have daily prompts that can guide you though.
- Regular Notebooks – These are just your every day notebooks that come in various sizes. They are great if you don’t care as much for frills and are just looking to get your writing out.
- Your Laptop or Phone – OK, this isn’t quite a journal but some people do like to write using technology. I get it, it seems a bit faster and easier to type it all out. However, I will say that my brain doesn’t feel as connected when I type vs when I had write something. I think that tactile process of writing strengthens the connection, but for you it may work either way.
Below you will find the best notebooks for journaling for numbers 1-4 above. I won’t get into journaling with computers or your phone as, in my opinion, it’s just not as good as physically writing in a journal.
Best Reusable Journals
The Rocketbook – This is one of the best notebooks to use for journaling because you can either erase your writing or you can upload your writing to your computer. You can erase your work or upload it to a computer to save on paper.
The Rocketbook Fusion – This is an upgrade from the regular Rocketbook as it offers grid lines, planners, and calendars inside. This is the notebook that I use for journaling because it comes with everything I need to write and plan my goals and week. Plus it saves on paper as I can upload everything to a computer or erase as needed.
Best Bullet Journals
Clever Fox – A faux leather journal including stickers and bookmarks. Approximately 5×8″. A great and beautiful design for an animal lover.
Dotted Bullet Grid Journal – This is another high quality journal approximately 5×8 in size. This is a great every day bullet journal to use. It will fit into most small purses so it’s a good choice even when you’re on the go.
Eco-Friendly Bullet Journal – This is a 100% environment and vegan friendly notebook. It’s made with cork material and is great for yourself or as a gift to your friends who are environmentally conscientious.
Bullet Journal with Index – If you’re looking for just a little bit more than dotted pages for your journal, this notebook comes with an index section so you can organize your work. The pages are also numbered to easily find what you’re looking for.
Bullet Journal Kit – This comes in a Varity of colors and makes it easy to start your bullet journal journey. It comes with 15 colors pens, 5 stencils, 6 sheets of stickers, 6 tape set, and 1 black gel pen. What more could you need?
Journals with Prompts
Calm and Mindfulness Notebook – This journal is about mindfulness, meditation, self care, stress relief and more. There are daily prompts and actions to take for your life over a 12 week period.
Daily Gratitude – In addition to 6 months of daily prompts there are journaling areas, dream journal space, guided breathing exercises, coloring pages, mindfulness and self loving tips. A great choice for someone looking to get to a more grateful energy in their lives but also wants to journal and may need a few prompts.
The Morning Ritual – This is a 60 day journal that prompts you to record your goals, feelings, gratitude, morning habits, and more. Note: the daily prompts are the same every day. Some may not like having the same prompts daily while others may like tracking their daily progress.
Morning Sidekick Journal – This is a daily habit tracker that also has prompts and journaling space. It’s a great option for someone who is looking to journal and is working towards various goals. Keep track of your progress, dive into your why, and use the daily actionable steps to keep you going.
Other Notebooks to Use for Journaling
Lined Ecofriendly Notebook – In case you’re not one for bullet journaling but you were interested in the ecofriendly style, here is one that has lined paper for easier writing.
Thick Wide Ruled Notebook – This one has a pocket and page dividers if that’s something you’re interested in. Very thick and durable notebook. Multiple colors available.
Celestial Notebook – Just for fun. I love this cover design. You can find more wonderful covers but this one stood out to me and the reviews are excellent. A very sturdy and great notebook for journaling.